Insider Tours: Jim Ede and T E Lawrence: A Friendship
Saturday 5th Dec - 10:00 am - 10:45 am
This Insider Tour of Kettle’s Yard and its collection, in Cambridge, will explore the friendship and correspondence between Jim Ede and T.E. Lawrence, ‘Lawrence of Arabia’, and their mutual interest in art and literature, as well as their memories of India. Jim Ede said in his book ‘A Way of Life’ that he could never have left and given away Kettle’s Yard without the example set by Lawrence. The tour will look at their correspondence, Jim’s long document about Lawrence written following his death in 1935 and books in the collection. Reference documents from a private collection relating to Lawrence will complement the tour.
£50 per group of up to 6 people, booking required at
- Your ticket covers one group, of up to six people. You will be the only group on the tour.
- If you are not well please stay at home and cancel you ticket by emailing [email protected].
- Find out more about visiting us safely here.
- In keeping with government advice you must wear a face mask or face covering for the duration of the tour unless you are exempt. You can find out more about exemptions here.
- Due to conservation and security reasons, no bags, including handbags, or large coats are allowed in the House. Please leave bags at home where possible. If you do bring a bag it will be kept behind the desk until your House visit is complete.