St John’s College Oxford
Friday 24th to Sunday 26th September 2021
Our next biennial Symposium is all planned for the beautiful and relaxing surroundings of St John’s College, Oxford.
Members and guests are invited to a long weekend of lectures, exhibitions, bookstalls, good food and company, including a splendid formal dinner in the Great Hall.
Programme details have now been sent out by email to all members. An exceptional range of presentations by eleven speakers will be delivered during the three days.
Subjects to be covered include:
- The Revolt from an Arab viewpoint
- Reliving Arabia, Lawrence’s post war life through photographs and art
- The US copyright edition of Seven Pillars
- Carchemish then and now, Lawrence’s archeology
- Desert Insurgency: Archaeology of the Arab Revolt
- Masters of Mayhem
- Lawrence and Jim Ede
- Admiral Wemyss and his ships
- Dreamers of the Day; a Tale of Lawrence’s brothers
- Changing representations of Lawrence
- Who was SA?; The mystery solved?
To Make A Booking
All those who booked for the 2020 postponed Symposium may carry over their booking and deposit to September 2021, subject to availability.
Society members who wish to attend the Symposium this year can download a Booking Form here, along with our introductory letter.
For further details and to make your booking, please contact Harriet at: [email protected]
If you wish to pay through Paypal, please click on the button below to start a payment.