Welcome to the website of the
T. E. Lawrence Society
The International Society for
all those with an interest in the
life and works of T. E. Lawrence
Society Day and AGM in Greenwich
Friday 27th September 2019
Our Society AGM Day this year will be in Greenwich, London, on 27th September 2019. In the morning we are guests of the Palestine Exploration Fund as we view their varied collection of Lawrence memorabilia. After a buffet lunch together (cost included), we will share Society news and plans in our Annual General Meeting.
See Events and mailings for more details.
TE Lawrence Symposium 2020
St John’s College Oxford
Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September 2020
Once again, we will be holding our biennial Symposium in the beautiful and relaxing surroundings of St Johns College, Oxford.
Members and guests are invited to a long weekend of lectures, exhibitions, bookstalls, good food and company, including a splendid formal dinner in the Great Hall.
Further details will be available soon, but we can announce that an exceptional range of speakers and presentations will be joining us.
Subjects to be covered include:
- The Revolt from an Arab viewpoint.
- Reliving Arabia, Lawrence’s post war life through photographs and art.
- The US copyright edition of Seven Pillars.
- Carchemish then and now, Lawrence’s archeology.
- Desert Insurgency: Archeology and the Arab Revolt.
- Masters of Mayhem.
- Lawrence and Jim Ede.
- Lawrence and Fast Boats; The Best Years of my Life.
- Dreamers of the Day; a Tale of Lawrence’s brothers.
- Changing representations of Lawrence.
- Who was SA?; The mystery solved?
To express interest in booking please contact: [email protected]