Welcome to the website of the
T. E. Lawrence Society
The International Society for
all those with an interest in the
life and works of T. E. Lawrence
TE Lawrence Symposium 2020
St John’s College, Oxford
Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September 2020
We will be holding our biennial Symposium in the beautiful and relaxing surroundings of St Johns College, Oxford.
Members and guests are invited to a long weekend of lectures, exhibitions, bookstalls, good food and company, including a splendid formal dinner in the Great Hall.
Once again we have an exceptional range of speakers from both the UK and USA, presenting on a wide range of subjects.
Booking forms are now available and were sent out with full details with the last Newsletter.
Subjects to be covered include:
- The Revolt from an Arab viewpoint.
- Reliving Arabia, Lawrence’s post war life through photographs and art.
- The US copyright edition of Seven Pillars.
- Carchemish then and now, Lawrence’s archeology.
- Desert Insurgency: Archaeology and the Arab Revolt.
- Lawrence, Hedgehog and Special Operations.
- Lawrence and Jim Ede.
- Lawrence and Fast Boats; The Best Years of my Life.
- Dreamers of the Day; a Tale of Lawrence’s brother, Will.
- Changing representations of Lawrence.
- Who was SA?; The mystery solved?
To make a booking please go to the Symposium 2020 page or contact: [email protected]